We are thrilled to announce that we are awarding 10 full paid (transportation included) Space Camp Scholarships in the winter of 2016. This is a huge accomplishment given that The Mars Generation was launched just 3 months ago! We are able to award these scholarships because of the incredible dedication, hard work and support of our board, sponsors, volunteer staff and our incredible community!
The process for application starts with a teacher nomination of the student. Our scholarship committee will review nominations and email teacher with student application once nomination is accepted. The student application will include a two page essay.
The nomination forms will be made available December 21, 2015 and are due no later than February 1, 2016. Student applications will be accepted until March 1, 2016. All applicants will be notified by April 1, 2016 of their status.
Space Camp Scholarship Qualifications Include:
- Age 13-16
- Interested in STEM or STEAM subjects
- Having satisfactory academic standing (must be passing all classes)
- Demonstrating financial need – determined by student qualifying for the USDA free and reduced lunch program (student will need to provide proof in application)
- Currently enrolled in a school in the United States
- Having never attended Space Camp
- Having parent permission
Please check back for nomination details soon! To receive email updates about scholarships now and in the future please sign up below.