The Mars Generation Space Camp Scholarship Program
Tomorrow’s leaders are today’s students. Space Camp® is an amazing place to help expand young people’s interests and to motivate youth to work hard toward their dreams. The Mars Generation℠ scholarship program makes Space Camp possible for young people who have aptitude in STEM but do not have the resources to attend Space Camp. The Mars Generation ensures that STEM aptitude is not lost due to lack of opportunity. Our scholarship program provides 100% funding (including transportation) for youth with aptitude in STEM and financial need to attend U.S. Space Camp ®. Space Camp provides exceptional inspirational experiences to talented youth that can help shape their future educational and career choices.
Are You Eligible?
- Must join the TMG Student Space Ambassador Leadership Program
- Family must qualify for the federal guidelines for income the USDA FREE lunch program. We do require verification of this if you are awarded a scholarship. WL edit – This is a little confusing to me. Are we trying to say that the families must qualify for the federal income guidelines for the USDA FREE lunch program?
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident and live in the continental U.S. (Lower 48 states)
- Must be able to attend Space Camp the week of July 8-15, 2017
- Have never attended Space Camp USA in Huntsville, Alabama
- If you are chosen for a TMG Space Camp Scholarship, you will be required to submit a deposit of $300 to The Mars Generation to accept your scholarship. The deposit will be refunded once you attend camp (if you do not make it camp due to illness or any other reason you forfeit the deposit.)
- Must be between the age of 15-17 as of July 1, 2017.
- Must find a teacher or mentor to recommend you and also mentor you through your scholarship process and delivery of your proposed project.
Applications are currently being accepted until January 15, 2017. Please click here for more information.
Make sure you are the first to know about scholarship application openings, deadlines and other news by signing up for our email list below: